Premises are subject to exacting requirements, and we have extensive experience of delivering highly complex facilities. We can offer you facilities solutions for the majority of clinical environments, including operating theaters, laboratories, intensive care and diagnostics. Come to us if you need new, purpose-built facilities, if you need a temporary extension for existing premises or if you’re looking to expand capacity. We can supply solutions for both permanent and temporary needs.
Interview with Lena Jangentorp about how prefabricated operating theaters provided increased surgical capacity for Karlskoga hospital during the renovation.
• A flexible solution for both permanent and temporary facilities. The modules can easily be relocated within the hospital complex, or to other hospitals or locations.
• Short delivery time compared to site-built. Up to 50 % reduction of delivery time, which enables faster access to capacity.
• Minimal disturbance on-site – Sensitive existing operations experience minimal disruption due to a short time at the construction site (roughly five weeks).
• Rent or buy depending on your needs; for example a temporary or permanent solution.
• Sustainable solutions – Our prefabricated modules can be relocated, reused, renovated and adapted.
• Industrial premium – Products designed to last. Robust steel construction that facilitates a high degree of prefabrication, an effective work environment, heavy process equipment and heavy lifting. Manufactured in a safe indoor environment in Sweden.
• Risk mitigation – 95% of the construction work takes place in a production facility, which results in a ‘plug & play’ solution. This helps minimise risk in terms of schedule and budget.
Are prefabricated solutions the right thing for you? We will help you assess whether and how our modular solutions could allow you safe and quick access to new capacity. If you decide to proceed with our solutions, we will manage your project and take full responsibility for the entire process, in partnership with you.
Choosing a modular solution when you need to update the hospital or expand its capacity is a fast, safe and flexible solution. You can opt to rent or buy the unit. With this flexible solution, the modules can also be moved to other hospitals and locations, thereby contributing to increased sustainability from both a financial and environmental perspective. We will work with you to identify the solution that suits you best.
In our case, modular and on-site construction differ in terms of the building technique used and the construction time, not in terms of function or requirements. The same highly stringent regulations apply for both methods. The modular method involves a much shorter construction time, and building takes place in a production plant, which means far less disruption on site and minimizes the risk of errors. The method also results in more efficient project design based on the customer’s unique requirements. All in all, our production method gives you a high degree of predictability for your schedule and budget.
Together we go through your conditions to see if a prefabricated modular solution is right for you.
Contact Jörgen directly via email or telephone, or fill in the contact form and we will contact you.
+46 (0)761 38 13 43
Prefabricating turnkey structures in modular form substantially cuts the time it takes to complete the project. Prefabrication means that foundation work can be done on site in parallel with the off site production of the modules in plant. This can cut the time it takes by up to 50%* compared with on-site projects. Therefore we want to contribute with our expertise from early project planning stages onwards.
Once manufacturing at the production plant in Emtunga is complete, it takes roughly three to five days to assemble the modules on site, followed by installation, which can take four to five weeks depending on the scope of the project. Our delivery takes an average of around 18 weeks from start of production to final inspection.
– more time is freed up for potential subsequent project stages
– new facilities enable the organisation to start generating income quicker (ROI)
– faster access to new capacity
– a shorter construction time on-site, which means reduced disturbance to the surroundings
– sensitive existing operations face minimal disruption
Prefabrication of turnkey structures has positive effects from a risk perspective.
The modules are made in heated premises with a safe work environment, good access to expertise and effective logistics management. Most of the parts are ready-made and tested prior to leaving the production plant.
Our approach to construction means that from a risk perspective:
– sensitive operations face minimal disruption
– there is minimal impact on surrounding business operations
– access to expertise and materials is guaranteed in regions that are harder to reach
– the project is controlled and managed more efficiently
– there is a single point of contact for the customer, which aids control and communication
– the construction site is less vulnerable to weather conditions
– testing can be carried out by the customer at the production plant prior to delivery
The product price is one aspect of the total cost. But what really affects this cost is factors such as delivery time, work environment, impact on surrounding businesses and the area, as well as risk mitigation. That’s why it’s important early on in the process to have control of the other factors that affect the total cost besides price, and to understand how they affect total cost. Of course, the details of a calculation vary from project to project, but common to all projects is the fact that substantial gains are made when these aspects are reflected early on in the customer’s requirements.
A low price doesn’t always mean low total cost if other cost drivers have a greater impact. Minimising risks and quickly finishing a new structure means customers are able to get up and running with their new facilities faster and thus start generating income.
– enabling the property owner to generate rental income sooner
– allowing quicker access to new capacity for the user
– causing minimal disruption to ongoing hospital services during the construction period
– causing minimal disruption for local business operations
– reducing the risk of patients having to be sent to other regions
– allowing opportunities to rent facilities, which creates cash flow advantages
Book a meeting with us, and together we can analyse the costs for your particular project. Fill in our contact form and we will contact you.
From a cost perspective, it was very positive that we could increase capacity – firstly, as we did not have to finance patients’ care in another county due to the healthcare guarantee and secondly, because we could retain all employees. But there are also other costs that need to be taken into account in the bigger picture as well, such as healthcare queues that can arise during the renovation period, which means patients’ personal suffering, which is the biggest cost of all.
Lena Jangentorp, Facility Manager – Regional service properties, Örebro county
More than 40 years’ experience in prefabricated modular solutions.
Over 3,500 high-specification modules.
HSE (Severe events)
When we delivered the evacuation solution for operating theaters to Karlskoga Hospital, they increased their surgical capacity and productivity during the renovation.
Read more about how we increased the surgical capacity and productivity at Karlskoga Hospital during their renovation